Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Don't Think Twice, it's Alright.

Happy Monday, kittens! I hope your week is off to a better start than mine.

This morning I woke up, gave myself the usual 5-8 minute window to get ready and stumbled sleepily out to my car juggling the usual assortment of odds and ends: backpack, lunch, and composition notebooks. I flung my backpack into the backseat, tossed my lunch on the floor, and settled in for the 40 Monday Morning Commute. That’s when I realized something felt off. That something was my driver seat, which was about three inches too far from the pedals for my stumplegs.

After some thorough investigating, we determined that the Curry girl must have been smoking and driving…


Ok, but really after some thorough investigating I deduced someone ransacked the Biscuit.

Things that were stolen:
·         (1) Longboard, which had been patiently waiting for me to cart her back inside after a long and glorious summer day of riding in the park.

·         (1) Ipod (AKA Baptard) who has been living in the car since I dropped him on a rock and shattered his screen. Pockets were no longer a safe place for him.

·         (7) CDs including Pat Benetar, The Spice Girls, Eminem, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtrack, and several Betterside end-of-season compilations. Those bastards better appreciate the Chuck/Fuck/Marry interlude.

·         (1) Kindle that had gone unused since I read everything my mom pre-loaded on it. I never figured out how to use Dropbox. Sorry mom. 

·         The emergency bandana I kept in my door panel in case I encountered an uncomfortable social situation and needed a confidence boost.

·         A bottle of lavender sleepy-time pillow mist. Don’t ask me why.

·         An envelope full of sentimental notes, postcards, etc. to help me through rough work days.

·         My faith in humanity.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling?! Dibs. 
 Things that were not stolen:
·         (2) grocery bags full of empty beer cans, assorted receipts, and empty potato chip and/or candy bags. You know, usual car stuff.

·         The sleeping bag I somehow acquired after a night of dancing at Mrs.

·         The Donnie Darko-esque grizzly bear lighter that The Velvet Fog gave me nearly two years ago. This discovery might be the reason I made it through today.

·         The Spice Girls CD cover insert. That’s right. They took that CD, but they were ashamed to be seen with it.

I made the majority of these discoveries while navigating stop-and-go traffic on my way to work. When I got to the Boulevard I called my bank, not because it was necessary but because I needed another human being to know I felt traumatized. I spoke to a woman named Sandra, who didn’t judge me when I got emotional and my voice cracked. She also assured me they’d monitor my account, and wished me all the luck.

I don’t have high hopes of recovering my lost possessions. By “high” I meant to say “any”. But this experience probably taught me something? Like don’t leave shit you love lying around in your car, use it while you have it. Or maybe this is a letting-go lesson, or a material-things-don’t-equal-happiness morale? I hope the person who owns my things treats them well. I also hope they need that lavender pillow mist to sleep at night, because of the gnawing guilt in their stomach region. 

Oh! And I hope my longboard finds its way to a bulldog in need.

Courtesy of: http://bulldogmixes.com/
Love you, weirdos. Go make sure your cars are locked please.


-b

No comments:

Post a Comment