Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby love me cuz I'm playing on the radio...

How do you like me now?

Hello, lovely human beings. Some of you may be aware that I write things. Generally these things embody wry cynicism or more typically, the soul-consuming angst most people experience throughout their 20s. And 30s and maybe 40s if they’re really lucky. Very occasionally I also string together words with internal rhyme schemes, cohesive imagery, and some sort of underlying message. I call these words “poems” but really they’re very short blog posts with a lot of alliteration.

This past Monday night KBOO radio (90.7 FM, for all you local yahoos) invited me to share said words with the public. I like to imagine I spent the evening sitting in a room with friends, talking into an unplugged microphone, pretending to be famous.

Realistically I read poetry on a local FM radio. Started from the bottom now we here, am I right? For those of you who thought eating/sleeping/having sex were more important than my words: you were probably right, good call. But my lovely cohorts were definitely worth listening to. So! Without further ado:

KBOO Talking Earth: Brenda Taulbee, Leah Rainer, Joy Pearson

P.S. Please disregard the five minutes of cow bell and didgeridoo leading up to our set?

Xoxoxo, beezies.

-b
                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment