Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where is my Mind? Oh, Somewhere Over the Rainbow...



Well, it’s finally Tuesday. I know what’s on all of your minds… a new episode of Dance Moms is on tonight! Ok, maybe that’s just what’s on my mind. Does anyone else think Peyton is going to grow up to look exactly like Juliet Landau (AKA Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)?
Courtesy of http://buffylovers99.webs.com/charactersofbuffy.htm 










I tried to get Friend to appreciate the similarity, but she’s apparently not as devoted to/obsessed with Buffy as I am, and the comparison was lost on her. Cue intense desire to re-watch the entire series with Rage. Mostly I watch this horrific show (referring to Dance Moms, not Buffy. Keep up.) because Mackenzie is 7 years-old and absolutely adorable with her missing teeth, pigtails and insightful commentary.

Saturday night Friend and I got super ambitious and decided to make Jello shots. We assumed 66 would probably be about enough.

[Note: Those little cup things come in packs of 33… does that make sense to anybody? That’s such an illogical number to me…]

The flavors of the night were lime, strawberry-banana and what aspired to be chocolate pudding shots. Does anyone know the secret to a successful pudding shot, because I don’t think we do. To be fair, I looked up a recipe and then disregarded everything it told me because I was lacking some supplies (i.e. Bailey’s Irish Cream and cool whip). I deemed these “optionals”. Things probably could have been worse… I mean they definitely could have been better, but all in all I’ma chalk this one off as a win.




Roomie: So do you guys have people coming over to help you with all of those?

Friend: Are you asking if we have friends? Because the answer is no…






While we were waiting for our creations to firm up (guys, do you remember when Jello used to be Alive?) we decided to mosey on over to The Slingshot.

Reasons to love the Slingshot:
            1. Ms. Pac-man, Big Buck Hunter (Safari or original), pinball, photo booth
            2. The bar cat, Whiskey (who blew me off, 100%)
            3. Cheap, delicious food. Seriously, their burgers rival the Mo Burger.
            4. Right now there are cutouts of various animals on the walls. They’re for sale. Although the squid was charming, my personal favorite was the winged grizzly bear.  

Roomie met us for a few rounds of arcade games. Ms. Pac-Man is not at all my forte, but Roomie and Friend were pretty good at it! They made it to the orange round. No photo booth memories this time around, but I’m sure that’s something that will happen someday. Seriously you guys, come around and I will drag you to The Slingshot.

Friend and I braved the hipster terrain of North Bar for trivia last night. We sat at the bar next to self-proclaimed “lone wolf” Dennis, who was so much cooler than us it wasn’t even funny. Seriously, this fella was probably in his mid-fifties, rocked some killer facial hair and appeared to be an avid cyclist (his blue helmet sat at the bar with him). Also he was ridiculously good at the general knowledge and current events stuff. Let the record show that Friend and I absolutely slayed the playground sports round. Did you know Red Rover is sometimes called Forcing the Castle Gates? Or that the National Dodgeball League requires there be 6 regulation-size balls on the court? These are the random facts I had recessively stored in my childbrain. Is recessively punny in this context? Yes, I think so. Onward!

For the picture round we were given a diagram and instructed to correctly label chicken parts. We got two of them right. I disliked this particular picture round because labeling a chicken reminded me that sometimes this:

 Turns into this: 
Courtesy of: http://www.foodvigilante.com 


Needless to say, the odds of us winning were nil. So we're all on the same page, at North Bar the final question is like final Jeopardy and you bet the points you already earned, so theoretically even if you really sucked you could win it all if you get the right final question. We were 90% sure they weren't going to ask anything about dog breeds, Montana history or ginger role models, so we slunk out before the final question. We'll be back next week though! Hell, we might even ask the lone wolf if he wants to join forces! We'll be unstoppable. 

I'ma leave you with a final tidbit of trivia: did you all know that Earl Grey tea is primarily flavored with the oils extracted from the rinds of bergamot oranges? Because me and Friend most definitely didn't before last night...

Angels on your bodies.

-b

No comments:

Post a Comment