Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summertime, When the Livin's Easy


Hello friends! Did this week fly by for anybody else? Seriously, it’s been a blur. Probably because I’ve spent so many hours slaving away at the Boulevard, you know, saving lives and stuff. Recently we got a call from a research company looking for “25-50 year olds working in the medical industry” to participate in a group forum on healthcare. I’m 23 and I work as a receptionist in a veterinary office. But I totes ate their free food and accepted the $75 compensation for an hour of my valuable time.

http://theportuguesewaterblog.blogspot.com
[Note: I have absolutely no medical knowledge and none of you should ask me healthcare questions regarding your beloved pets. The majority of the answers I give you will be pulled directly from Google. The rest will probably be made up.]

In other news, the acting career that I never considered pursuing even for a minute might finally be taking off! That’s right. I applied to be an extra for the third season of Portlandia. Any day now I could get a call from a woman named Amber saying they need me to sit outside a local coffee shop pretending to read for an entire day. My qualifications include my prolific flannel collection and an ability to stomach organic soy lavender lattes. Instant stardom. I think I was born for this. Cross your fingers my big break comes soon! And remember, if you want it to be cool, put a bird on it. Watch for me January 21st! Or don’t. Your choice.

Me: So I applied to be an extra on Portlandia...
Coworker: Oh yeah? You think you can just move to this city and get paid to mock us?
Me: Well... Yeah. You guys make it pretty easy. 

I am looking forward to a whole heap of things happening this weekend. Like leaving my bedroom! And seeing people! And not crying so much (probably)!

1. I have a [Gay] friend who will be visiting this town. I would say she’s visiting me, but that would be erroneous because really she’s coming to corrupt unborn children (AKA attend a baby shower. Not my baby. Not my shower). But! She invited me to have dinner with her and her parents tomorrow night, which means a break from eating eggs for dinner. Last time I went out with Phil and Martha we went to Wasted Wednesday. Wasted Wednesday is a skeezy weekly event at a skeezy Missoula bar and involves all-you-can-drink PBR for $5. I don’t remember much about that night, but I did fall off a trampoline and sleep on my friend’s living room floor. I imagine this visit will be considerably mellower since I’m trying not to be an alcoholic anymore, but I predict a rollicking good time nonetheless.

2. Saturday I get to do laundry. I know this doesn’t sound exciting, but let me explain. Our dryer broke down recently, but since ULOL is the gayest of the gays she obvs had a DIY solution. She strung up a clothesline in the backyard. Unfortunately, if I let my clothes dry in the great outdoors I would go into anaphylactic shock from the allergen overload. So, since ULOL is the most considerate roommate ever, she also strung a clothesline for me in the loft. Laundry day is the perfect excuse to hunker down in my Loft Fort with a good book or spend hours prowling through Tumblr.



3. Sunday I will meet people. Real life human beings. The geniuses of Autostraddle have organized an International Summer Brunch Day. This event will be spectacular for so many reasons... Top of the list: cupcakes. Also after this weekend I might have new people to hang out with. I'm hoping I come across as "awkwardly charismatic" instead of "unbearably strange". Once again, Autostraddle makes all my gayest dreams come true. Any of you Portland weirdos who care to join, let me know! We can mob down together.

Alright kittens, time for this kid to call it a night. I hope all of your dreams are coming true, wherever you might be in this mess we call Earth.

You are all beautiful. Oh yeah, and you're having a really great hair day. Don't change a thing. 

-b

No comments:

Post a Comment